- 8 bamboo skewers
- Water, to soak
- 24 green king prawns, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 300 ml Beerenberg African Spice Taka Tala Sauce & Marinade
- ¼ cup water.
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 100 grams baby mixed green leaves
- 100 grams bean sprouts
- 250 grams cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup mixed fresh coriander and mint leaves
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 mango, peeled and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Beerenberg Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Lemon wedges to serve
- 4 tbs Beerenberg African Spice Taka Tala Sauce & Marinade
Soak the skewers in water for about 10 minutes. Thread three prawns onto each skewer and place in a glass or ceramic dish. Combine the Beerenberg African Spice Taka Tala Sauce & Marinade and water in a small bowl, and spoon over prawns. Turn prawn skewers to coat in the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 20 minutes to develop the flavours.
To make the salad, use a vegetable peeler to slice the carrot and cucumber lengthways into thin ribbons. Place in a large bowl. Add the baby greens, bean sprouts, tomatoes, coriander, mint, macadamia nuts and mango pieces and gently toss to combine with two tablespoons of the olive oil.
Preheat a barbecue or chargrill on medium-high, and brush with the rest of the olive oil. Add the prawn skewers and cook for three minutes each side or until prawns change colour. Divide salad between serving plates and top with a few prawn skewers. Use a tablespoon of Beerenberg African Spice Taka Tala Sauce & Marinade per plate, drizzle it over the cooked prawn skewers and dress with a few lemon wedges.