- 120 grams fine yellow polenta
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Beerenberg Green Tomato Relish
- ½ cup sour cream
- 140 grams unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Beerenberg Red Pepper Relish
Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 12-hole muffin tin. Whiz polenta, flour, salt, baking powder and chilli flakes in food processor for 15 seconds. Tip into a bowl and mix in grated cheddar cheese.
Thoroughly mix together eggs, Beerenberg Green Tomato Pickle, sour cream and melted butter. Pour egg mixture into flour mixture, mix until just combined, then pour into prepared muffin tin.
Dust tops with parmesan and bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the muffins. Cool in tin for a few minutes then turn out onto a wire rack.
Serve warm with a good quality cheddar cheese and a serve of Beerenberg Green Tomato Relish.