Every family in Australia is spending more time at home and also watching the household budget, especially when it comes to groceries.
Whether you are avoiding making multiple trips to the supermarket, or are looking to order some pantry staples online from our Farm Direct Online Shop, the team at Beerenberg have searched through our recipe collection to find some simple "scratch-it" easy meals.
With just a few ingredients from your pantry, you can whip up these meals in no time and with not fuss.
Here's the top 7 recipes to create your weekly dinners.
Oh, and make little extra for perfect next day leftover lunches!
HOMEMADE TOMATO AND PEPPER BAKED BEANS WITH CORN BREAD
- Corn Bread
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 50g butter, melted
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ¾ cup fine polenta
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels, approx 2 cobs
- ½ cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 medium red chilli, seeds removed and sliced
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Baked Beans
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 chorizo, sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 400g cannellini beans, drained
- 1 jar Beerenberg Tomato and Cracked Pepper Relish
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp Beerenberg Worcestershire Sauce
- Handful fresh basil and parsley leaves
To start, make the corn bread.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Line a 20cm cake tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the buttermilk, eggs and butter together.
- Add the flour, polenta and baking powder to the bowl.
- Mix together to combine.
- Stir in the corn kernels, cheese, chilli and herbs.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
In the meantime, make the baked beans.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the sliced chorizo and onion and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the beans, Tomato and Cracked Pepper Relish, water and Worcestershire Sauce.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl with fresh herbs and a side dish of extra chutney.
Serving suggestion: Serve with extra poached or fried eggs.
TAKA TALA GRILLED CHEESE WITH CHORIZO AND TOMATO
- 4 slices baguette
- 4 tablespoons Beerenberg Taka Tala Chutney
- ½ cup grated cheese
- 1 chorizo sausage, halved
- 1 tomato, halved
- 1 bunch watercress
- Preheat the grill to 180°C.
- Place the baguette slices on a baking tray and top with Beerenberg Taka Tala Chutney and cheese.
- Place under the grill for 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- As the grilled cheese is cooking, place a griddle pan or frypan over medium heat.
- Add the tomato and chorizo, and cook for 3 minutes, or until slightly charred.
- Divide the watercress between two plates.
- Add the grilled cheeses, tomato and chorizo.
STICKY TAKA TALA DRUMSTICKS
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 bottle Beerenberg
- Taka Tala Sauce and Marinade
- 1 cup Israeli or pearl couscous
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup currants
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ¼ cup parsley leaves
- Zest and segments of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a roasting tray with baking paper.
- Toss the drumsticks in half a jar of the Taka Tala Sauce and Marinade.
- Place onto the baking tray and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes in the oven, or until a little crisp and sticky.
- In the meantime, prepare the couscous.
- Put the water in a saucepan and bring to the boil, add the pearl couscous to the boiling water and stir.
- Allow to boil for 8 minutes or until the couscous is tender.
- Mix together the cooked couscous, currants, spring onions and parsley.
- Season to taste.
- Place the couscous salad on a serving tray, scatter with the orange segments.
- Place the chicken drumsticks on top of the salad, drizzle any pan juices over the chicken and sprinkle with orange zest.
CHICKPEA AND TOMATO MOROCCAN HARIRA SOUP
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- 1 jar Beerenberg Slow Cooker Moroccan Lamb
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 2 x 400g cans chickpeas, drained
- 500ml vegetable stock
- ground black pepper
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves and stems roughly chopped
- ½ bunch parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the oil, onion and celery.
- Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add the jar of Beerenberg Slow Cooker Moroccan Lamb and cook for another 3 minutes whilst stirring.
- Add the diced tomatoes, chickpeas, vegetable stock and a big pinch of pepper.
- Turn the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Before serving, add the coriander and parsley and stir to combine.
NACHOS WITH BURGER RELISH
- 500g corn chips
- 1 tin refried beans
- 1 tin of mixed beans
- ½ cup of Beerenberg Burger Relish
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 2 cups of shredded tasty cheese
- 200ml sour cream
- 1 cup of diced tomato
- 1 cup of diced cucumber
- 1 cup of diced capsicum
- 1 orange peeled and diced
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup of coarsely chopped coriander
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all salsa ingredients and set aside.
- Place corn chips in a large baking tray.
- Combine beans, Beerenberg Burger Relish and tomato paste in a mixing bowl and spread evenly over corn chips.
- Top with the cheese and grill until golden brown.
- To serve - finish with sour cream and salsa.
PITA PIZZA WITH SALAMI AND TOMATO & CRACKED PEPPER RELISH
- sliced salami
- mild cheese - Gruyere or Mozzarella
- Beerenberg Tomato & Cracked Pepper Relish
- Top pita bread with Beerenberg Tomato & Cracked Pepper Relish, salami and mild cheese such as gruyere or mozzarella.
- Grill in a sandwich press or in the oven, slice into triangles and top with fresh basil.
CHARGRILLED PORK AND CARAMELISED ONION RISSOLES
- 500g pork mince
- ½ jar Beerenberg Caramelised Onion
- 1 egg
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ bunch parsley, chopped
- oil spray
- In a mixing bowl add the pork mince, Beerenberg Caramelised Onion, egg, breadcrumbs, garlic, parsley and salt.
- Mix to combine before rolling into 8 even-sized rissoles.
- Preheat the grill to medium and spray with oil.
- Place the rissoles on the grill and cook for 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- Serve with extra Beerenberg Caramelised Onion and your favourite salad.
Visit our Beerenberg Online Store to purchase the Beerenberg products for your pantry.