20 - 30 mins
6 - 8
For the roasted heirloom beetroot with red onion & cumin
- 1 bunch of heirloom beetroot
- 2 red onions
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
For the roasted heirloom beetroot with red onion
- 3 cups of roasted heirloom beetroot with red onion (recipe below)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- ½ cup roasted chopped hazelnuts
- 1 cup of mixed mescaline herbs
For the Beerenberg Balsamic Beetroot Relish dressing
- juice and zest of ½ lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Beerenberg Balsamic Beetroot Relish
Pre-heat your oven to 170c. Line a baking dish with grease proof paper.
Peel and dice your beetroot into 2cm sized pieces. Coarsely chop the red onion.
In a large mixing bowl place beetroot, onion, salt, pepper, cumin and olive oil. Mix thoroughly so that beetroot and onion is covered in seasoning.
Place in your lined tray and cook for 20 -30 minutes until beetroot is soft. During cooking process mix beets a few times to ensure they caramelise evenly.
Cook the quinoa as per the packet instructions.
Make the dressing by Combining all the dressing ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add the salad ingredients and quinoa and fold together.