15 mins + 30 mins chill time
- 200g skinless white fish (eg. flathead, snapper or flake)
- 100g vermicelli noodles, soaked and drained
- 2 tbsp Beerenberg Chilli Sauce
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 10 green beans, finely sliced
- ½ cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 2 cups (approx) vegetable oil, for frying
- ½ jar Beerenberg Chilli Sauce
- Handful betel leaves (or baby spinach)
- 100g pink pickled ginger
Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Dice the fish into very small pieces.
Cut through the noodles a couple of times with a pair of scissors.
Put into a large mixing bowl.
Add the fish, Chilli Sauce, lime juice and zest, beans, coriander, fish sauce and sesame oil in.
With clean hands, knead the mixture until it comes together. Add the egg white and cornflour and work lightly to combine.
Divide the mixture into 18 equal portions and shape into little patties. Place onto baking tray.
For best results, refrigerate the fritters for 30 minutes. This sets the fritters and makes them easier to cook.
Heat the oil in a fry pan and cook the fritters over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly golden and crisp.
Drain on absorbent paper.
Serve the fritters layered between the betel leaves and top with pickled ginger. Serve with extra Chilli Sauce for dipping.