6 - 8
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, ½ roughly diced and ½ thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 kg lamb mince
- 500g hummus
- 1 jar Beerenberg Balsamic Beetroot Relish
- 2 big handfuls rocket
- 1 small handful mint leaves
- 1 pomegranate, cut in half and seeds scooped out
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Pita bread, cut into wedges
Place a large frypan or skillet on medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the diced red onion and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes or until the onion begins to soften. Add the ground cumin, coriander and turmeric, and cook for 2 minutes whilst stirring. Turn the heat to high and add the lamb mince. Break apart the mince with a spoon and continue to cook for 5 - 10 minutes, or until the lamb is cooked through.
In a bowl, mix together the hummus and Beerenberg Balsamic Beetroot Relish.
In another bowl, toss the rocket, mint leaves, pomegranate seeds, pine nuts and remaining olive oil.
To serve - smear the hummus on one half of a large platter. Spread the lamb on the other half and top with the pomegranate salad. Add the pita bread on the side to serve.